Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I'm Hoping to do Here





My friends and I do a ton of crafting and crafty things. Knitting, crochet, quilting, costuming, corsetry, canning, cooking, gardening) ... you name it, one of us or all of us does it. We each might share a project here or there on sites like Ravelry, Facebook, and LiveJournal, but I thought it would be fun to have a place to share and document my crafty endeavors all in one place. 

Most recently I've been absorbed with wedding items like wedding favors, handfasting cords, and designing wedding attire. If you stick around for long on here as a reader, I'm sure you'll see and here about more of these than you want to. I'll try not to inundate you with too much wedding stuff though.

Around the holidays, you're likely to see a lot of birthday and Christmas/Yule gifts that I've made for people as well as holiday themed home decorations, clothing, and purses. Some of my favorite items that I've made during the holidays recently were the aprons that I made for my aunts, cousins, and grandmother for Christmas and the monster themed stockings that I was quite enamored with this past year.

During the summer you're likely to see more projects centered around Renaissance Festival costuming. We go to several different faires in the Midwest and enjoy quite a few costuming themes. I've made wench, pirate, nun, and woodsmen costumes so far, and I have several more in different levels of development. You'll quickly discover that we pounce on any reason to dress up and go out and about with friends. When we aren't doing that we enjoy gardening and subsequently canning what we grow. I consider preserving to be a home craft or art, so I'm likely to include recipes and processes for this as well here.

Inbetween those key times of year, I satisfy my crafting urge with all sorts of small projects either sewing, crocheting, knitting, or whatever else catches my attention. I hope you enjoy browsing through my projects as I post them. I'd love to hear what you think and hear about what your own crafting experiences are. When available I'll post tutorials and/or patterns for how to make what I've written about.

No comments:

Post a Comment