Monday, September 19, 2016

Crocheted Wedding Bouquets

Working up crocheted daisies and sunflowers for two friends' wedding was how I spent the last  several months. It was time consuming and labor intensive, but I promise it was a labor of love. Seeing how everything came together at the end to form the bridesmaid and bridal bouquets made it all worthwhile.
My wife, Stephanie, was asked to be a bridesmaid in Cass and Torrey's wedding, and I was asked if I would help Cass crochet flowers for the bouquets. It was really nice to have something I could help do for the wedding. We live just under five hours away from where our friends live and where the wedding would take place, so we weren't able to participate in and help with a lot of the prep work for the wedding.

Cass and I pieced together the patterns for the daisies, buds, button flowers, and sunflowers by taking little bits from this pattern and that pattern that we liked. Cass made the button flowers and buds, I made the sunflowers, and we both worked on making the daisies.

After everything had been crocheted, stemmed, and beaded, we set aside a weekend a few weeks before the wedding to assemble everything. We ended making a trip to the craft store for silk greenery to fill out the bouquets once we started assembling them. Then, we wrapped the stems in burlap ribbon and attached cotton lace as an accent. I think they turned out beautifully! They really looked fantastic with the green bridesmaid dresses, and the bouquets will be a wonderful keepsake for each attendant.

I was particularly proud of how the sunflowers turned out. I ripped those devils apart three or four times working and reworking the petals and centers to get them just right. Then I beaded the centers to add a little shine and glitz.



No comments:

Post a Comment