Friday, July 26, 2019

Adventures in Quilting - 2018-2019 Block of the Month Club - December 2018 - Block 6


Quilter's Haven 2018-2019 Block of the Month Club - December 2018
Sew Simple Northern Lights Sampler
One Spinning Pinwheel Block
Two 9 Patch Blocks

December's blocks were a breeze! I'm finally getting the hang of this. I didn't have to take any of them apart to reset a square or fix a corner. That is a great feeling. I am starting to feel like I am not so horrible at this. 

I really like how the pale blue looks against the background fabric. I also LOVE the pink that we used this month for one of the nine patch smaller squares. I hope we end up using more of this color. It's a great vibrant pink batik with flecks of dark purple. It really brings out the tiny hot pink polka dots on the background fabric. I like the orange as well. It is really soft and brings to mind orange creamsicle floats. I think overall the three colors used this month look really great next to each other. 

I am not completely sold on the design of the center of the block, but I think it will be okay once the whole quilt is assembled. Along, depending on the angle, it reminds me of a swastika, and I'm not thrilled about that. From other angles, it makes me think of a child's pinwheel toy or a wind mill. I'm trying to train my eye not to see the first one. 

I'm a little nervous about the bright red square we did during our second month of the BOM. That one just seems very harsh when looking at it next to the other squares we have done so far.

We will see though. I do not know what other colors are being added in as we go, so I am sure it will all work out to something harmonious. I mean, at worse, if I do not like it at the end I can always remake the block in a different color. 



No comments:

Post a Comment