Friday, July 26, 2019

Adventures in Quilting - 2018-2019 Block of the Month Club - January 2019 - Block 7


Quilter's Haven 2018-2019 Block of the Month Club - January 2019
Sew Simple Northern Lights Sampler
One Stop Block
Two 9 Patch Blocks


Another month down! And another month where I am really happy with how the large and small blocks turned out. The dark wine color of the larger block is really rich and striking. The octagon shape was super easy to piece as well. 

The small blocks this month repeated the 9 patch pattern that was used last month. We were all a bit surprised that there was a second pink block made. So far, we haven't repeated a block in the same exact color and design as a previous block. I'm not sure where exactly these are intended to go on the finished quilt. That pink is my favorite of the colors we have used so far, so more is okay with me. The instructor isn't fond of the color, so I am not sure how much more we will get of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment