Monday, July 29, 2019

Adventures in Quilting - 2018-2019 Block of the Month Club - April 2019 - Block 10


Quilter's Haven 2018-2019 Block of the Month Club - April 2019
Sew Simple Northern Lights Sampler
One Boxed In Block
Two Stop Blocks



I thought this month's block was very interesting. It has a much different look than all of the other blocks we have completed so far. I like the crisp lines of the inside diamond, and I like that it is formed with the lighter background fabric. The marbled dark and light blue and turquoise of the batik that is used for the rest of the design is really pretty as well. I has so many dimensions in the color swirls. I would be very happy with a whole quilt or wall hanging made using this sort of block design.

The construction was very simple as well.


The small blocks mirror the shape used for the January large block. I am glad we now have multiple blocks with a rounded design. I was a bit worried that we had one circular pattern thrown into a quilt filled with angular, pointed shapes. I think this will balance that out very nicely.

I do not love the orangey red color of the one block, but it matches one of the earlier larger blocks. I'm guessing it will look better once it is all put together. 

We were given one sheet detailing the first part of assembly, but I think I am going to hold off on the assembly instructions until all of the blocks are completed. 

Three more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment